Greater Manchester is one of the areas where the new COVID-19 variant (known as Delta) is spreading.
The Delta variant spreads more easily than the other variants that were previously most common. So, to help stop the spread, the Government is also advising everyone in these areas to:
- Get both doses of the vaccine when you are offered it, and encourage others to do so as well.
- Participate in surge testing in your local area, whether you are vaccinated or not.
- Self-isolate immediately if you have any symptoms (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) or if you’ve tested positive.
You should also take particular caution when meeting anyone outside your household or support bubble. Wherever possible, try to:
- Meet outside rather than inside.
- Keep 2 metres apart from people that you do not live with.
- Minimise travel in and out of affected areas.
You should also: