We are hoping to secure funding and planning permission for the first phase of work. This will include building new homes and installing new roads, footpaths and play areas.
Work in phase one will focus on Epsom Avenue, Chepstow Avenue and some of Hurst Avenue.
If you live in this area, you should have received a letter from us inviting you to attend a meeting to discuss this in more detail in November 2019.
If we are successful in gaining funding and planning permission, we intend to start work in Summer 2020 and we estimate that it will take around two years to complete.
The estate plan and phase one plans are under review. Once we have considered all consultation responses we will finalise the plans to submit to Trafford Council in February 2020.
1. Chepstow Avenue is to be resurfaced. We are currently working with Highways to see what we can do to improve the pavement.
2. Chepstow Avenue car park resurfaced and white lined.
3. New play/community activity area created (red star) on the current grassed area. Walls removed from this area to allow access.
4. New two bedroom cottage flats.
5. Chepstow Avenue car park redesigned to allow areas of soft landscaping to break up the current tarmac. A community activity/ play space is proposed (red star) as part of landscaped area. The reconfigured car park will be white lined.
6. The footpath at the back of Chepstow Avenue and Epsom Avenue has been discussed, with no consensus as yet on whether it should be kept open or gated for resident only use. As such, we will apply for it to be closed, and then consult residents in the area again in 2020 in order to make a final decision. Please note, this work will be completed in Phase Two.
7. New terrace of houses, including, 2 & 3 bedroom family houses.
8. Car park resurfaced and white lined. Pavement improved along car park. New cottage flat block.
9. Shared surface area linking the new road with Hurst Avenue. This will be designed to give priority to pedestrians and cyclists but still allow refuse vehicles and delivery vehicle to pass through.
10. New two and four bedroom houses with a shared surface (home zone) that can link up with Chepstow Avenue.
11. New pedestrian and cycle route through trees and shrubs to keep the safe school run.
12. New two, three and four bedroom houses facing the new road.
13. Epsom Avenue extended to provide access to the new properties.
14. New pedestrian path will link with existing.
15. Epsom Avenue to be resurfaced. New two, three and four bedroom family homes will front on to it where the current grassed area is.
16. Car park resurfaced and white lined. Areas of planting introduced and two new houses proposed.
17. New planting added to complement the horse mural and create a better gateway at the entrance toSale West from Firs Avenue.
18. Car park resurfaced and white lined. New two and three bedroom houses will complete the road. The road will be resurfaced, parking reconfigured and overgrown trees removed.
19. A new home zone to provide access to two new properties.
20. New road to provide access to 16 new two, three & four bedroom homes and give driveways to the existing properties were possible. Car park resurfaced and white lined. New two and three bedroom houses will complete the road. The road will be resurfaced. The car park will be reconfigured and overgrown trees removed.
There will be 79 houses in total, which will be a mix of two, three & four bedroom houses with some 2 bedroom cottage flats.
We have looked at them and would love to include some, but they take up a lot of room. We needed to accommodate as many houses as possible to make it work.