The Fly-through video is under continuous review and may not represent the final plans.
What you liked about the plans...
What you’re concerned about…
The estate plan and phase one plans are under review. Once we have considered all consultation responses we will finalise the plans to submit to Trafford Council in February 2020.
8. community centre
We are supporting Our Sale West in looking for a premise for a new community centre. The new estate plan would enable Our Sale West to consider more than one option.
9. the main park
Sale West Park is an important space in the centre of the estate. You have said that you would like the park to be better. You feel it’s dark damp and unsafe and that the play equipment needs improving.
Our Sale West has created a new children’s playground at the front of the park, which is open now! We are also speaking to Trafford Council who own the park, about additional investment in the park as we want to create better quality spaces for residents. We will continue to support Our Sale West as they continue to work on the park’s improvement.
10. Ascot Avenue
Ascot is proposed to be a ‘shared surface’ to give priority to pedestrian and bicycles whilst still allowing cars, albeit in a safe way. Phase Two.
A shared surface is where the footpath and road are level.
11. We have listened to your concerns about moving Phoenix Gardens (where the former pub was) and think currently that we can keep it where it is, and make a better feature out of it at the heart of the estate. Phoenix Gardens is in Phase Two, so detailed designs will be confirmed later in the process.
12. New houses on Epsom Avenue with enhanced soft landscaping to the area in front of the substation (in front of the white horse mural), and a gateway to the estate. Phase One.
13. Routes will be connected to improve access for all residents through the estate. In Phase One this will include links between Epsom and Hurst. In Phase Two this would include extending the link north towards Sale West Park. Detailed designs are to be developed to ensure that traffic calming measures are included and so the streets and spaces feel welcoming and safe.
14. The new link will include a ‘green corridor’. This will include a separate pedestrian and cycle path and new trees and planting. There is opportunity to provide interesting play opportunities along this route, which we will discuss further with residents and the local schools.
15. New two and three bedroom houses, car parking reconfiguration and resurfacing.