COOKIE NOTICE: Irwell Valley uses cookies to store information on your computer, in order to improve your experience when using our website. One of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the site to operate and has already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site (using your browser), but parts of the site may not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, Read More.

Exchanging or transferring your home

Options for moving

If you need to move, for whatever reason, irwell valley homes can help you find a home, which better suits your needs.


If you have lived in your current home for 12 months or more, hold an assured tenancy and have not breached your tenancy, you will be able to apply for an internal housing transfer. This is where you swap homes with another irwell valley homes customer who is also looking to move, or move into one of our homes when they become available.

If you need a bigger or smaller home, would like to live in a different irwell valley homes neighbourhood, or your current home is no longer suitable for your needs, then please contact the Lettings team on 0300 561 1111 for a transfer application form.


If you would like to exchange homes with another irwell valley homes customer, we are able to facilitate an internal mutual exchange. If you’d like to move to a home outside of an irwell valley homes area, we are part of the National Mutual Exchange Scheme - 'House Exchange'. This scheme allows a resident of a housing association, such as irwell valley homes, to swap their home with another housing association resident from a different area of the country who is also looking to move.

For more information on mutual exchanges, please contact the Lettings team on 0300 561 1111, you may also follow the below link and register with House Exchange