We have a continual home improvement programme that includes upgrading, refurbishing, and replacing:
- Kitchens and bathrooms
- Boilers and heating systems
- Windows and external doors
- Fencing and gates
- External painting
What to expect when we carry out improvements in your home
Having home improvements is exciting but can be a little disruptive. We aim to make the process as smooth as possible so you can enjoy your newly upgraded home!
We will contact you to discuss the what’s involved and offer you choices where we can. We will give you plenty of time to ask any questions and prepare for the work.
The choices you have will depend on the type of works carried out but can include:
- Kitchens: choice of range of cabinets, door finishes, handles, tiling, flooring, and worktops.
- Bathrooms: choice of bathroom suites, tiling, flooring.
- External doors: choice of colour and style.
Please help us by
- Keeping any appointments made with you and if you need to rearrange, give us 24 hours' notice before the appointment is due.
- Empty cupboards, move furniture if requested, and store away anything which is fragile, sentimental, or valuable.
- Clean and tidy any areas that we will need access to before we arrive.
There may be some disruption while work is being carried out at your home, but we will do our very best to minimise this.
Please help us by:
- Giving us plenty of space to work.
- Looking after pets and children and keeping them out of the areas we are working.
- Keeping skips clear of household rubbish.
- Respecting our staff and contractors.
Depending on the works, we may carry out an inspection.
You will also receive a short survey to let us know how well we did.
Please share your experience to help us learn what we are doing right and if we need to improve.
Make your home your own!
Making alterations or improvements yourself
We understand that you will want to put your own stamp on your home, and we encourage you to decorate and make it your own!
If you want to make alterations or improvements either inside or outside your home, please let us know. Some works will require our permission so that we can make sure it doesn’t compromise the structure or safety of your home or impact your neighbours.
Common alterations or improvements that we give permission for are:
- Exterior painting.
- Installing sheds or garden buildings.
- Fitting laminate or tiled flooring.
- Installing fitted wardrobes.
Work that we can’t allow includes:
- Anything that alters the structure of your home, such as knocking down walls.
- Installing log burners or open fires.
- Anything that will have a significant impact on your neighbours.
Apply to alter or improve your home
Please complete the form below or call us on 0300 561 1111 to ask for a paper copy.
Once we’ve got your application, we will let you know if you’re okay to go ahead with the work or explain why it’s not possible.
If work is carried out without permission, we can ask you to put it back to its original condition so it’s important to ask first.
We’re here to help if you have any questions.