We support Together with Tenants - a sector-wide initiative led by the National Housing Federation that is focused on strengthening the relationship between residents and housing associations. We have worked with customers, other housing associations and the National Housing Federation to develop a four-point plan. This includes a charter that sets out what residents can and should expect from their landlord.
We were one of 130 early adopter organisations which tested the charter. The ambition is for all housing associations to adopt it to embed a culture across our sector that values the voice and experience of residents and strengthens the relationship between residents and housing association landlords.
Other highlights of our commitment to customer involvement include:
- We have three customers who sit on the Housing Ombudsman Service Resident Panel.
- in 2023 we launched our Building Safety Forum - currently with seven members.
- Aside from surveys, we have involved 1,015 customers (approximately 13% of our customers) in shaping our services.
Some of ways they have been involved include:
- Reviewing policies and process
- Testing services like our website
-Getting involved in local consultation
-Helping us shape our strategies
-Setting expectations from our contractors.