How to apply
All councils manage a housing waiting list. Many do this using an online service that allows you view available homes online and express interest in homes that meet your needs. Once you've registered with them you will get a secure log in. If you forget your log in details, please contact them directly, we do not have access to these details.
Each council runs their service slightly differently, but most operate using the following principles below:
- The service is free and simple to use.
- You can bid for properties that are suitable for you.
- Every property is advertised for at least a week.
- You can express interest in two properties at any one time.
- You will only be made one offer of suitable accommodation so please only bid on properties you want, and which are suitable.
- If you refuse a suitable offer, your application will be reassessed.
Some people’s needs are more urgent, so how long you wait for a home will depend on how often the homes you are looking for become available in the locations you want. To improve your chances of getting a home, you can widen your search criteria and apply with other housing associations and councils.