COOKIE NOTICE: Irwell Valley uses cookies to store information on your computer, in order to improve your experience when using our website. One of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the site to operate and has already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site (using your browser), but parts of the site may not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, Read More.

report anti social behaviour

If you call us to report ASB we will ask you a series of questions to help us understand exactly what has happened, how often it is happening, its severity, and what support you have available to you. This will help us to identify if the incident(s) is ASB, and if so, we can tell you what you can expect from us as the next step.

We have three categories of ASB, which affect our response. They are affected by what is happening, as well as its impact on you. These are:

Category C / LOW

Are usually regular low-level disturbances that would not on their own be considered ASB.

In this instance, we will usually advise you to keep a log of any instances that may occur as it will be useful for us to assess the extent of the disturbance. Sometimes we will refer you to other services that might be able to help.

You should try to speak to the perpetrator if you feel able, and it is safe to do so. If you do, please remain calm and express your concerns politely. If you feel the conversation is becoming heated, walk away.

If you do not feel comfortable doing this, you can download and print our Dear Neighbour card link to us to post.

Category B / MEDIUM 

Such as: Persistent noise, pet / animal nuisance, nuisance from vehicles, drug dealing, prostitution, other criminal behaviour

If you suspect that there is a criminal activity, we advise you to contact the police in the first instance.

Please also keep a log, and call our Customer Services team to report it. We will undertake an assessment to determine the extent of the report, which will help us to consider the best course of action.

Your Tenancy Management Officer will call you back within 3 working days to discuss these issues further and agree next steps.

Category A / HIGH 

Such as: Imminent risk to health or welfare, verbal abuse, harassment / intimidation, threatening behaviour, domestic abuse, physical violence, hate related (based on race, sexual orientation, gender, disability, religion, age, etc.)

Please report to police in the first instance if this is required, and then call our Customer Services team.

We will undertake an assessment to help us decide the best course of action. Your Tenancy Management Officer or the Duty Manager will call you back as soon as possible to discuss options and next steps. Category A reports are the most serious, please do not put yourself in any danger and only call us when it is safe to do so.

Ways you can report anti social behaviour

You can report anti social behaviour to us:

Out of hours

Call: 0300 561 1111 (this is included in any inclusive calls made from a mobile and low cost for all landlines)

Mon - Thurs 5:00pm until 9:00am 
Fri from 5:00pm to 9:00am Monday.

Serious Incidents

Serious incidents or threats of violence should be reported to the Police on 999. If you wish to report a non-urgent incident to the police, call 101 for Greater Manchester Police or 0845 125 3545 for the Lancashire Constabulary.

If you witness a crime you can report this anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Remember that in all instances, you can report anti-social behaviour anonymously.

Report an incident now

If you answer No, you will be redirected to an alternative form

(please provide as much information as possible, including what was said)