Here are some simple steps that you can take to try and get your boiler back up and running before you call us.
- Check the gas, electric and water supply is turned on. Your gas and electricity meters will either be in the kitchen, in the hallway or outside in a cupboard or meter box. Your water meter may be outside your home near your stop tap or inside under your kitchen sink.
- Check that you have credit. If you are on a credit meter, an easy way to check this is to check if your gas cooker is working.
- Check that your room thermostat (if you have one) is turned up and the clock timer is on, turn the dial or press the ‘up’ button.
- Check that your boiler pressure gauge (if you have one) is around 1 bar, you should find it on the front panel of your boiler.
- Check that the boiler timer is set to the right time.
- See if you are able to reset your boiler. You can check your user manual to see how to do this or google this for the make and model of your boiler.
- Ensure that the boiler has power, the switch should be near the boiler. Try turning the boiler on and off again.
- Check your pipes haven't frozen. If it's been very cold, the condensate pipe to your boiler can freeze, this can stop it from working. You can normally find this pipe on the outside wall of where your boiler is.
- If you have a sealed or combination boiler, see if the system pressure has dropped and stopped working. This is sometimes caused by water leaks or if you have recently bled or refitted radiators after decorating.
- Check that any TRV’s (Thermostatic Radiator Valves) are turned on. These are numbered, the higher the number, the warmer the temperature.
If you have tried all of these steps and your boiler is still not working, please get in contact with us.
You can contact our Customer Service and Support Team:
- Call us on 0300 561 1111
- Chat to us using live chat on our website www.irwellvalley.co.uk
- Use the on-line form on our website
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text us on 0776 962 0175 (please include your name, address and details of the repair)
All the ways above can be used to report repairs Monday - Thursday 8am - 6pm, Friday 8am - 5pm. Please note that emergency repairs outside these hours can only be reported by calling us.