Homes for older people

See our criteria section for full details of the eligibility criteria for our homes for older people

Q: How can I apply for irwell valley's homes for older people?

A: By following this link – or by contacting our Lettings team on Freephone 0300 561 1111.

Q: Do social activities take place on scheme?

A: Yes, each scheme has a range of events taking place for you to join in with; from arts and crafts, keep fit and cinema nights, to gardening groups and massage sessions – and if it’s not taking place and you think it should, please let us know!

Q: I’d like friends and family to come and visit me, is this possible?

A: Yes, and many of our schemes also have en-suite guest rooms available at a small charge so visitors can also stay overnight.

Q: Can I have satellite TV and internet?

A: Yes – we have communal dishes already installed at most schemes & landline telephone points in the flats so you would just need to arrange for this to be connected with your chosen provider. Don’t forget that irwell valley homes also provides free wifi in the communal lounges at our schemes.

Q: Can I redecorate and carpet my flat?

A: Yes, painting, wallpaper and carpets are all fine. Unfortunately only properties on the ground floor can have laminate or wood flooring due to noise issues. Please check with us if you plan any other alterations to your property as you may need to seek approval first.

Q: Can I have pets?

A: Small pets may be allowed at your scheme – please discuss this with your irwell valley homes representative.

Q: I don’t think I need the extra support systems such as the emergency call system at present but I would like them for future security, am I still eligible to move in now?

A: Yes, we understand that residents may want to move into the scheme for peace of mind regarding their future needs.

Q: Is there a curfew?

A: No, customers can come and go as they please, however we do ask that customers are respectful regarding noise.

Q: What service do the staff provide?

A: We provide support in the way of advice and signposting, as well as irwell valley homes on-site housing management service, but we do not provide personal care, however we can help with this being arranged.

Q: Where can I store my scooter? And can I charge it up?

A: Unless your scheme has a scooter storage area you will have to store and charge your scooter in your property.

Irwell Valley

Head Office - Irwell Valley Homes First Floor The Soapworks Colgate Lane Salford M5 3LZ
Telephone: 0300 561 1111 Email: