COOKIE NOTICE: Irwell Valley uses cookies to store information on your computer, in order to improve your experience when using our website. One of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the site to operate and has already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site (using your browser), but parts of the site may not work. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, Read More.

specialist housing

specialist housing

As well as owing and managing our own supported housing, we work with partners across Greater Manchester to help people to enjoy life and realise their potential. These formal partnerships enable us to provide homes with specialist support to meet specific needs. 

All of these specialist homes are managed by the local authority or the provider - if you are interested, please contact them directly. 


All Care Community Care are skilled in a wide range of nursing and care needs. Together we provide a home for adults with learning disabilities. 

Phone: 01704 550482

Bolton Cares

Bolton Cares provide high quality, compassionate care and support to help local people live better lives. Together we provide two homes for people with leaning disabilities and mental health conditions. 

Phone: 01204 331111



BackUP (formerly Bolton Young Persons Housing Scheme) was set up in partnership with Bolton Council and Irwell Valley Homes in 1992. Together we provide ten homes to support young people who are homeless to move onto independent accommodation. 

Phone: 01204 520183


Brothers of Charity

The Brothers of Charity Services offer quality, innovative and price sensitive support to over 500 people with learning disabilities across the North West of England. Together we provide a home for people with learning disabilities. 

Phone: 0300 123 3099


Bury ILD

The Bury Independent Living Development (Bury ILD) provides help and care for adults with learning disabilities to live independently in Bury. Together we provide a home for people with physical and learning disabilities. 

Phone: 0161 763 6471


Fortalice provides emergency accommodation and support services to help women, children and young people who have or are experiencing domestic abuse. Together we provide a refuge for women and children to help them regain their independence. 

Phone: 01204 365677


Home Focus Support

Home Focus Support are a provider of bespoke support services to adults who require assistance with everyday living. Together we support people with enduring mental health conditions and learning disabilities to maintain their independence in our homes.

Phone: 0161 789 2200



Lifeways provide specialist support and care to help people live ordinary, independent and happy lives. Together we support people with leaning disabilities to live independently. 

Phone: 0207 202 6300



Mencap is a UK charity for people with a learning disability, they support their families and carers helping them to live life to the full. Together we provide a care home and independent supported accommodation.

Phone: 0808 808 1111



Outreach provide a range of services supporting adults with a learning disability and/or long term mental health needs to live an independent life. Together we provide three homes for people with enduring mental health conditions and learning disabilities.

Premier care 

Premier care are a professional provider of high quality services that enables people to stay safely and happily in their own home, maintaining independence and dignity.

Phone: 0161 794 6967


Turning point

Turning Point provide health and social care for people who need their support with drug and alcohol use, mental health, offending behaviour, unemployment issues and people with a learning disability. Together we provide a specialist mental health unit to help people move into independent accommodation.