This page is also where we'll share the latest feedback about life in this area - highlighting what's going well, where we need to improve and what we're doing to achieve this.
"Great sense of community and fantastic access to public transport nearby"
of people feel the area is a place where people from different backgrounds get on well together.
of customers are satisfied with where they live.
of people feel connected to the community.
of repairs here completed first time.
of people advised they knew they could call for help if they needed it.
Your new Neighbourhood Officer will be announced soon
In the meantime, if you need our help or support please contact our Customer Service and Support Team:
Live chat here on the website.
Send us a direct message on social media.
Or call us on 0300 561 1111.
Your Rent Support Officer is Tracy Brown
We're here to help you if you have any difficulties with your rent.
If you are struggling with rising household bills, we can check if there is any extra financial support you are entitled to. We can also refer you to money specialists and debt advisors if we feel you would benefit.
Our rents team is friendly, approachable and will never judge you or your situation. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, request a call back through Live Chat here on the website, or call 0300 561 1111.
Local issues and what we're doing to improve
44% people said there were serious issues with unkept green areas.
We know there have been issues with our previous grounds maintenance provider and we understand the impact this has on how people feel about where they live.
We are currently in an interim contract covering the winter months whilst we finalise a new permanent grounds maintenance provider.
We will update further around what you can expect from them when this process is complete. We have involved customers in the tender and have sought to secure the best value for money.
33% of highlighted issues with ASB, with 44% of customers identifying drug dealing as an issue.
Further information on how and where to report issues can be found here.
Serious incidents or threats of violence should be reported immediately to the police on 999.
To report a non-urgent incident to the police, call 101.
Priorities and improvements
We asked customers for their top priorities to improve the area and what Irwell Valley Homes can do to help.
The top suggestions are:
We are committed to ensuring you live in safe, clean environment
How we will act on your priorities
- Carry out quarterly estate audits
- Work with local policing teams to highlight ‘hotspot’ areas for an increased presence from neighbourhood policing teams.
- Work with Manchester City Council to tackle fly tipping.
- Work with our grounds maintenance provider to ensure work is done to the standard expected -introducing ‘neighbourhood champions’ who will complete audits of their street.
- Work with local authorities to report unkept green spaces.
- Contact interested residents with involvement opportunities and provide support in creating a Tenants and Residents Association.
We work in partnership with others to help our impact reach further.
In your area
- Greater Manchester Police
- Manchester City Council
- Since January 2023 The Irwell Valley Foundation has donated £1500 to tackle food poverty in Blackley and Crumpsall, supporting the Rainbow Surprise food pantry and Higher Blackley Community Fridge.
Customers in the area told us they were interested in accessing services to support health and wellbeing; youth services; social activities and skills and training.
Useful info and links
- The Blackley community hub offers a variety of social sessions and support and advice drop-in sessions as well as The Bread-and-Butter Thing social supermarket service. More information can be found here.
- Rainbow Surprise in Crumpsall offers a range of services, events and activities which can be found here
- Greater Manchester Police meetings, events and contacts for your neighbourhood team can be found here for Blackley & Crumpsall.
Close to Manchester and motorway connections, shopping precinct is getting better.