This page is also where we'll share the latest feedback about life in this area - highlighting what's going well, where we need to improve and what we're doing to achieve this.
"We have mostly good neighbours and it's convenient for shops and amenities"
of people feel the area is a place where people from different backgrounds get on well together
of people feel connected to the community here.
of repairs here completed first time.
of people advised they knew they could call for help if they needed it.
of customers are satisfied with their neighbourhood.
Your new Neighbourhood Officer will be announced soon
In the meantime, if you need our help or support please contact our Customer Service and Support Team:
Live chat here on the website.
Send us a direct message on social media.
Or call us on 0300 561 1111.
Your Rent Support Officer is Tracy Brown
We're here to help you if you have any difficulties with your rent.
If you are struggling with rising household bills, we can check if there is any extra financial support you are entitled to. We can also refer you to money specialists and debt advisors if we feel you would benefit.
Our rents team is friendly, approachable and will never judge you or your situation. To contact us, please email email@example.com, request a call back through Live Chat here on the website, or call 0300 561 1111.
Local issues and what we're doing to improve
32% of residents highlighted issues with ASB, particularly drug dealing. Further information on how and where to report issues can be found here.
Serious incidents or threats of violence should be reported immediately to the police on 999.
To report a non-urgent incident to the police, call 101.
44% people highlighted issues with unkept green spaces.
We know there have been issues with our previous grounds maintenance provider and we understand the impact this has on how people feel about where they live.
We are currently in an interim contract covering the winter months whilst we finalise a new permanent grounds maintenance provider.
We will update further around what you can expect from them when this process is complete. We have involved customers in the tender and have sought to secure the best value for money.
Priorities and improvements
We asked customers for their top priorities to improve the area and what Irwell Valley Homes can do to help.
The top suggestions are:
Improve the grounds maintenance service
Increase the presence from Irwell Valley Homes in the area
We are committed to ensuring you live in safe, clean environment
How we will act on your priorities
- Carry out quarterly estate audits
- Hold regular meetings with Salford Council about communal spaces and how to improve them.
- Work with local policing teams - highlighting ‘hotspot’ areas to neighbourhood policing teams.
- Work with Salford Council to tackle fly tipping.
- Work with our grounds maintenance provider to ensure work is done to the standard expected -introducing ‘neighbourhood champions’ who will complete audits of their street.
- Contact interested residents with involvement opportunities and provide support in creating a Tenants and Residents' Association.
We work in partnership with others to help us reach further
In your area
- Salford Council
- Greater Manchester Police
- Since April 2023, the Irwell Valley Foundation has donated £8,160 to support community activities in Broughton and Seedley - including Alberts Community Interest Company and Salford Pride Pink Picnic. To find out more about the Foundation, click here.
Customers were interested in accessing services such for Health & Wellbeing, Youth Services, Social Activity & Skills & Training - See what's on in your area:
To find out what’s on in your local area visit the below links:
- Street cleaning is undertaken by Salford Council, further information and reports of litter can be made here.
- Information around adaptations can be found here.
- Information can be found here for police meetings Broughton & Seedley
- Citizens advice hubs are available for drop-in appointments across Salford, information can be found for times and locations here.
- Langworthy Cornerstone community centre offers a range of activities and support services, you can find out what's on here.
- Broughton Hub offers various support services and activities.
Living within a conservation area is a delight, along with a characterful property of 3 flats. It is quiet and mostly good neighbours.